Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I had to write about this

This has nothing to do with studying abroad... directly.

Over the past few days, my mouth has been hurting me quite a bit. It got so bad I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to eat. I wasn't sure what it was, so I went to the E.R. and they sent me to dental. After filling some paper work out I was put in a room while the assistant started putting the bib thingy on me and getting other instruments out. Next thing I know three dentists walk in to look at my wonderfully exciting mouth. Then unexpectedly I hear, "OK, let prep Oral surgery. We're pulling it out." Apparently I've got to remove all of my wisdom teeth, especially the top two.

With this situation moving so fast, I didn't know how to react other than to start laughing. I've never enjoyed going to the dentists and ever since the last time they stabbed my mouth a bunch to numb things up I've always hated going to them. I'll admit this time wasn't too bad. He stabbed me a bunch with some local anesthetics, covered my eyes up, and clamped something on to my tooth. I feel and hear that horrible grinding noise and a few minutes later it was all over. So, I left the hospital with gauze sticking out of my mouth and instructions to eat as much ice cream as I'd like.

Alright, thats that.

No comments: