Monday, August 25, 2008

Less than 8 Hours.

It is approximately less than 8 hours till my departure. A few days ago as Fay (hurricane) made her jaunt across the entire state of Florida, I started to think she would effect my scheduled departure time. At the current moment in time, my flight does not seem to be delayed, but I've still got a connection flight out of Atlanta to worry about. We'll just have to see how things go.

Since the last time I wrote, I've finished getting all my things together including my health insurance. I packed five days early. I said bye to most of my friends. I tied up all my loose ends. I think I'm ready to go.

In order to prepare myself for the fourteen hour jet lag I took a nap for a bout three hours around five o'clock. Considering my normal sleep schedule consists of sleep time starting anywhere between 2:00am and 4:00am, I feel that I should be decently prepared. I could sleep during the fourteen hour plane flight across the contiguous states and the Pacific Ocean to Japan, but that would just be silly. I hope to take a few pictures as I depart and while I'm miles above the earth's crust.

Real quick update on my arrival situation to Itami Airport in Osaka. My friend's will be picking me up, but there seems to be some kind of "secret." What to expect? Well, my friend Sho may have some horrible gag planned. I may get pied, and people who've met my friends before know what I'm alluding to. I plan to do a lot of introduction as the trip progresses, so please be patient as I will try to provide pictures with every introduction of my friends.

I plan on my next post to be about seven hours from now while I wait in Pensacola Regional. Maybe some pictures too

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Willy! I just found this blog today and you're leaving!

Dude, have a good trip. I love you, freal, and I know you'll have an amazing time. Bring me back something... preferably a japanese girl's number.

-Alex

Anonymous said...

Willy, good to see you before you left.

I only hope that you keep us updated as much as you possibly can; and if your posts are few and far between, then we'll know that your trip is going well! Have fun, buddy!