Tuesday, July 8, 2008

update

Let me quickly update my multitude of readers as to my situation with my journey abroad... Since my last post in April, I have yet to purchase my plane ticket, but never fear, I placed one on reserve last week for the wonderful price of ::drum roll:: $1300ish. The very next day I received a phone call from the wonderfully nice lady at Sankei Travel and she informed me that American Airlines would be raising the price of my ticket by $170, which shot my ticket price to $1500ish.

I was also informed that I needed to have my itinerary sent to Kansai Gaidai, to schedule pickup service by July 10th. You might be saying, "wait isn't it July 8th right now." Yes, indeed it is and no, I still have not purchased my plane ticket due to financial difficulties. I do, however, have all the intention in the world to purchase my ticket by next week. The next question that comes to my mind is, how much has the ticket increased since my wonderful phone call last week about the increase in price? The answer... well, I don't know that, but I will be sure to update you all once I've purchased my ticket.

One quick note. I should be fine with the whole deadline thingy. It's only to take advantage of the pickup service. Luckily, I have friends in Japan who'd probably love to come pick me up from the air port... the only thing is they don't know that yet. hahahaha

will write back soon.

No comments: